This cream works by stopping the growth of the fungus which is causing the infection. This happens by the active ingredients stopping the fungi producing ergosterol. Ergosterol is essential in the fungal cell membranes survival.
By stopping the production of ergosterol it causes holes in the cell membranes. This enables unwanted substances to enter. The holes in the cell membranes enable the contents to leak out. This contents is vital for survival therefore kills the fungi. By killing the fungi it will in turn treat the infection.
Clotrimazole can take up to 2 – 4 weeks to work depending on the type of infection.
- You may wish to speak to your doctor before using this cream if you have never used it before.
- Do not use for children under 2 unless directed by a doctor
- Avoid contact with eyes or mouth, this cream is for external use only.
How do I use clotrimazole cream?
- Wash and dry the affected area thoroughly before application. Then you must wash your hands.
- Clotrimazole cream can be applied 2 – 3 times a day. A small amount should be applied to the affected area.
- You should also wash your hands each time you treat the area. This is to avoid spreading the infection.
- Apply clotrimazole regularly. It is important to carry out full treatment otherwise ringworm can reoccur.
- Continue applying the cream for specified time frame. This is 2 weeks for jock’s itch or 4 weeks for athlete’s foot or ringworm. If you are still experiencing symptoms or they have worsened it is time to speak to your doctor!
Clotrimazole cream is generally a safe treatment to use. Like any creams there may be a reaction. A potential side effect to clotrimazole is skin irritation. This can be anything from burning, stinging, blistering or redness. It is important to note that if you experience this you should stop using the cream. Following this you should speak to a pharmacist or your doctor.
Clotrimazole is not absorbed through the skin in significant amounts. This means that it is expected to be safe to use with other medicines.
Avoid applying any other creams or ointments of any kind at the same time as clotrimazole. Allow 30 minutes after treatment before applying anything else to the treated area.This is because they could make clotrimazole less effective by diluting the medicine.
Clotrimazole has not been specifically studied in the use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. There have been many women who have used it however it is important to consult your doctor before use in this case.
Pros and Cons
We have summarized the pros and cons of this cream to help you decide whether it is right for you.
- Affordable ($5.25 for 1 tube, $6.25 for 3 tubes or $8.99 for 5 tubes)
- Limited possible side effects
- Free shipping for Amazon prime members
- Contains active ingredient to kill fungi
- Manages symptoms as well as treating the infection
- No trip to the doctor’s surgery necessary
- Mostly positive customer review – proving effectiveness
- Comes in small amounts therefore may need to buy more than 1 tube
- Possible skin irritation as a reaction to the cream
- May not treat severe cases
- No specific study for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
So why choose clotrimazole cream?
Clotrimazole is available to purchase with next day delivery. Therefore you will be able to receive the product quickly by ordering in the comfort of your own home.
Clotrimazole is a well known treatment option for ringworm with many success rates. It contains the active ingredients needed treat the infection. This is of course if used according to instructions. Customer reviews are available on the link to the product if you wish to see for yourself.
The cream is inexpensive. This makes it affordable to buy more than 1 tube to use for the length of time needed. There are very little negative effects reported from using clotrimazole.
We hope this article has been of benefit for choosing your treatment option. If you wish to purchase clotrimazole follow the link below.